Monday, March 2, 2009

Stuff and whatnots (and a special request please!)

Monday's Redbox code: MS72K3
Go get your free movie and have a great nite!

I needed potatoes for the roast I am making tonite. I also wanted some produce yummies for the baby, and since Food City usually has awesome markdowns, I picked up a bag of potatos for 7.99. Yeah, well - it's 50 lbs. Yeah... that's what I said... Anyone need some potatoes? Any good recipes for potato stuff that freezes well? I'm thinking gnocchi to start - lol. Potato soup this week is a definite. Maybe some potato bread? Going to make sheppard's pie too - I think... And of course, I gotta have some baked taters. Ohh... chicken and jo-jo's are a definite in hubby's book. Likely gonna do the hash browns for breakfast. Yup... very carb heavy week I'm thinking.

Okay, I'm rambling.

Soo... Rhebekka had a tooth that broke this weekend - a molar. Took her to a dentist to check it out today and they want to do a crown because the back half is broke. :( Blah. So much for those sealants they put on her teeth when she was younger - ended up with a cavity and a deep filling. *sigh* Thankfully, we'll be able to pay the ~600.00 bill with our tax return!! Additionally, they are "highly recommending" that she have her wisdom teeth removed. Seems very early to me, but they said she's definitely in need of it! I have to make an appt. and go from there. I can only imagine what that will cost.

On to some coupon/sales stuff.

If you have the 1.00 reach toothbrush/floss coupon - you can get some freebies from Wags this week. There are additional deals - if you read back about a week or so, I detailed a lot of them in my post about March.

I'm researching some CVS deals - anyone already do that yet? I could use some help/pointers!

March is frozen food month. Expect to see lots of sales on frozen stuff. Kroger is having a buy 10 items, get 5.00 off sale. I need to check it out a bit more to see if the pillsbury toaster strudel is included in the catalina deal also - if they are, then it would be a good deal in combo with the sale and coupons. There looks to be some decent deals available for totinos, hungry man meals, and a few other things - if you buy that stuff. If you don't, then don't worry about it... lol.

And a note - if you got the paper yesterday you will have a coupon in it for a free Smart Balance butter block if you buy the tub. Next week, Walgreen's is having the tub on sale for 2/2.99. They don't carry the block (I don't think so anyways...) - but Walmart will. So if you price match the tub for 2/2.99, you can get 2 free packs of butter (if you have 2 of the free coupons) for 2.99. If you have the 1.00/1 coupons, you can get all 4 packages for .99!!

Now, for a little request. We have a lady from church who is going through chemo. She has a difficult time eating right now and is basically living off of Ensure. If you've ever bought the stuff, you know it's expensive! Anyways, there are IP coupons available. I've printed the max that I can print from my computer, so I was hoping to ask that if anyone else can print them from their computer and be willing to pass them along to us, we'd be extremely greatful! It'll be something small that you can do to help out a sister in Christ! You will need to register for them, but I think if you put in dummy info it will go through. If you don't want to register, that's totally kewl - I understand! The links are below:

Free single serve, or savings on 6pk
$3.00 off of a 6pk
Buy 3, get 1 free

3 comments:

Felicia Rogers said...

On the Walgreens butter sale, you are saying that it doesn't start until March 8th, correct?

Alicia said...

Yes - it's next week. Plenty of time to order coupons if you need to get them! :) There are 1.00/1 Any Smart balance product and 1.00/1 any smart balance butter... so it should make for a great deal.

Betsy said...

Remind me when you're at our house tomorrow and we can print ensure coupons. If E gets the laptops hooked up to our printer, then that's at least 2 computers, maybe 3 we can print from!

Also, these twice-baked potatoes are great and freeze great: Twice-Baked Potatoes (and it will help use up some cheese!)