Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Been a while...

Well, I can say there's not much to report - but I usually find something to yammer on about! I haven't been shopping as much as I'd planned over the past couple of weeks (except for some nice Target trips - but that's different.) Part of that is a mild lack of interest - which is largely affected by the nicer weather we've had lately and/or the baby's significant need of training!

I still have grandiose plans for the garden, but they are slightly tempered right now due to lack of gardening tools (ya know - the basics like shovels, hoes, rakes, trowels...) My friend Betsy did find a place that has decently priced composting material, so I'm looking forward to getting some of that when I'm ready. I'm still looking for cheap/free wood to box in the area where I want my big garden to go this year. I was thinking of trying to get some bamboo and making a box out of that, using the larger logs for boxing and smaller ones for "nails" or spikes to hold 'em up. Probably a lot more work than I realize... it usually is!

Yesterday we (me and the girls) located a GIANT (and somewhat purty) black widow spider. I didn't think of it til later, but it would've been very pretty for pics. At the time, however, I was more concerned about it's potential attack on the girls - so I took care of it... Needless to say - I'll be doing my gardening in gloves FOR SURE this year.

The baby has been utterly delighted with every moment we've spent outside. Every moment we spend inside, she spends putting on her shoes and asking to go "bye-byes." Her word acquisition is amazing. I was going to list all the ones I could think of that she says now - but the list is getting so long! She does a LOT of babbling too, and it sounds like she's trying to hold sentences/conversations with you. She's also signing a lot, and will even sign words in combination. I don't remember if 2-word sentences are a milestone - if they are, she's definitely saying AND signing them! It is definitely better than the "uhhhh.... uhhhh...." that is so typical! (she does do this sometimes too - lol)

Boo is just growing into an amazing young woman. It's somewhat scary, but utterly wonderful and fascinating at the same time. She shows great compassion, joy, and love for others. I pray she stays that way. I sure hope she doesn't become the shy hermit that I became - it seems so much more fun the other way around! She's doing okay in her schooling. I need to refocus with her. Some of the material is getting more difficult, the language harder, and she's having a bit more struggle in comprehending. Her interests are expanding though, and that is really neat to watch. She's reading more, learning more, asking more questions - it's fascinating.

Oh - in other lovely news - I got my puter today! Yippee!!! David and Boo worked on getting it up and running. I downloaded all the fun anti-virus/anti-spy/anti-spam stuff, and I'm trying to figure out how to run/install virtual machines. Just cuz. I can't believe how little I know about computers now - I feel completely ignorant! I guess that's what happens when you make choices about what to pursue and what to walk away from! I just can't do it all! (wish I'd remember that all the time... lol)

Anyway - that's really about the biggest ammount of news I have to share right now.

Sales:

Walgreens -

Coffeemate - bogo 2.49/2 1.50/1 Printable here - you may need to tell the cashier to adjust the coupon down (but be prepared to get looked at like you have horns sprouting out of your head - some cashiers are clueless about this.) Also, if you have the ability to print more than 2 copies (i.e. if it lets you print 4 like some folks report being able to do, or if you have more than one computer to print from) you could just get 4 creamers and use 3 coupons. You'll pay around .50 for 4.

SmartBalance butter - bogo 2.99/2 I think there were 1.00/1 and/or .75/1 newspaper coupons. There was also a recent coupon for a free 1lb stick pack when you buy the tub. This would be a perfect coupon to take to Walmart, use the add to get the sale on the tub, then use the free coupon to get the free butter for buying the tubs! You can use 2 of the free coupons if you get 2 of the tubs. (you may also wish to try the coffeemate deal at Walmart - they *may* be a bit better at taking 2 coupons)

Garnier Shampoo - there were some recent coupons for 1.00/1 in the newspaper, and some stores have 1.00/1 tearpad coupons on displays. Walgreen's beauty advisors may have a couple behind their counters, but they don't always offer them. Never hurts to ask! At any rate, the shampoo is 2.99 a bottle. There is also a 2.00/1 coupon in the Easy Saver booklet, so combined with the 1.00 manufacturer coupon - free shampoo. Please don't go get 90 coupons and try to use them at one store in one trip... Always fly under the radar!!!

Also, there is a sale on Huggie's diapers this week. If you checkout couponbug.com or coupons.com there are 5.00 and 3.00 off coupons that you can use on the diapers. They are 10.00 a pack, and wipes are 6.00 for a big pack. If you spend 25.00 in the transaction (before coupons - your total can be less after coupons), you will get a catalina for 10.00 off your next order. (if you don't need these coupons but can print them - I'd find a very happy home for them!)

Anyways - it looks like this:
10.00 huggies
10.00 huggies
10.00 huggies
-15.00 5.00x3 printable coupons
15.00 oop plus tax, get back a 10.00 register reward coupon good off your next order. (usually expires in 2 weeks - so you don't have to spend it right away, but you can)

Note - if you buy another set of diapers and pay with the 10.00 register reward, you will not get another one. However, if you check the sales ad - you will find other deals that you can roll it into to get back some RR's to put back into another diaper deal.

Finally - if you like Irish Spring Body wash, if you buy one at 4.49 you will get a coupon for a free one. Some folks have reported that they have gotten another catalina when they buy the second one while others haven't received it. So this deal is highly YMMV. Either way, you get 2 for 4.49 - and maybe even more.

Kmart - reported that some areas are doubling through the 17th - I think Kingsport/Johnson City are the closest to us. :( Wish I had a shopping/driving buddy for that!

Kroger -

They have the mega 10 event going - buy 10 products get 5.00 off your order. Some good deals are included there (especially with coupons), but I can't get into it right now. :( You may have time to order the 1.00/1 quaker rice cake coupons. They are .49 after the sale - so with the 1.00/1 coupons you will get overage of almost 5.00 toward your total purchases. Make sure you have enough stuff to cover it so you don't freak out the cashier and draw too much attention to yourself! LOL.

No comments: