Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sales

Sorry for taking so long. I have been feeling generally blah the past few days. :(

I don't know if anyone else has taken advantage of the buy 5 pilsbury biscuits get a $3.00 OYNO catalina at Kroger, but I have. (and yeah - it was purely because it was free) I'm not complaining, but I've got more biscuits in the fridge than I've ever had before... lol. I've heard they can be frozen (despite the warnings on the can not to), but I figured I'd give a few ideas to use them up if you have 'em.

A poster on slickdeals - nwdealmama - posted the info here - so if you are a member, feel free to "rep" her for the info!

Monkey Bread - southern plate website
Baby Boston Cream Pies - also from southern plate

We've also simply thrown them into the fryer for a few minutes on each side, patted them with paper towels, and then shook in a bag of sugar/cinnamon for some quick donuts.

Today, I'm doing chicken soup (with leftover chicken/bones) and throwing some of the biscuits (cut in 4ths) into the pot for a quick chicken/dumpling meal.

The rest of them have simply been used to sate my ginormous carb-addiction - especially since I broke down and actually bought some strawberry jelly last week.

Don't forget to visit esaver.com, shortcuts.com and cellfire.com to load all your available coupons for your store cards!

Anyway, we'll get on to the deals! Here we go.

Aldi:

There's a new one that opened up on Clinton Hwy. It's pretty exciting, so I'm hoping to go check it out by the end of this week. Here's what I found in their flyer -

Deutsche Kueche white peeled asparagus in a jar - 11.5 oz for 1.69
5# red potatoes - 1.99
2# carrots - .69
2# sweet onion - .99
3# yellow onion - .99

They also have 6" Chrysanthemums, Azaleas, or Hydrangeas for 3.99 each.

Ingles:

4# sunkist oranges - 2.98
Cantaloupe - 2/5.00
Grapes - .96/lb
Boneless, Skinless Tyson Chicken Breasts - 1.98/lb

Hellman's Mayo - bogo 2/4.48 (you don't have to buy both to get the cheap price)
- 1.00/1 Hellman's light mayo (need to sign up to print, can put in "dummy" info)
depending where you are at/who you've traded with, there were .60/1, .50/1, and 1.00/2 coupons in the 1-18 Red plum insert
Lays chips - 2/3.99
there have been reports of 1.00/2 tearpads around, so take a look at various displays
4# laura lynn sugar - 1.48
1# pinto, Great Northern, Navy, or Mixed laura Lynn dry beans - .88
nilla Wafers Bogo 3.98/2
1.00/1 nabisco wyb milk tearpads (found some at CVS on the cooler doors)
Charmin Basic 12 big rolls (equals 24 reg. rolls) 5.98
.25/1 insert coupon (doubles)
Bounty Basic 8 roll papertowels - 5.98
1.00/1 insert coupon
White rice bogo 3# bags 3.08/2
50 ct. brown lunch bags bogo 1.43/2
6pk viva paper towels - 5.98
.75/1 blinkies (I think I found some at Kmart)
Kleenex - .77
.50/3 coupon - doubles
Pop Secret popcorn bogo 2/2.38
.50/1 coupon - doubles
Tetley tea bogo - 2/1.98
.55/1 insert coupon
Dentyne gum bogo 2/3.28
.50/1 isert coupon - doubles
1.00/1 insert coupons
Cedar's Humus 12 oz - bogo 2/2.99
Toufayan Pita Bread bogo 2/1.48
10# bag of chicken - 5.80 (I think this is their regular price - Walmart used to be cheaper, but I haven't checked for a wee bit)
Bogo Carolina pride polska rope sausage - 2/3.28
1.50/2 sausage insert coupon
Delmonte Jar fruit bogo 2/3.87
1.00/1 printable - Several coupons at bottom of page - may need to wait for the right one to pop up.


Kroger:

Their prices have gone up on several things this year. :( But, they still aren't too unreasonable.

Kroger brands:
.48 16 oz Hydrogen Peroxide
1.88 100 ct. caplets or tablets of ibuprophen
1.98 48 oz vegetable oil
.68 canned fruit (if pineapple is included, then it's a great deal for us)
.68 10-12oz box of frozen spinach or broccoli
2.77 gallon of kroger milk
2.59 gallon of kroger orange juice
10.00/10 - dip, cottage cheese, our sour cream (don't have to buy all 10, can mix & match)


Produce:

1.99 Jumbo Cantaloupe (better price than Ingles)
.69/lb jumbo sweet onions
3.99 10# russet potatoes
.99/lb seedless white grapes
5.00/2 fresh blackberries

Meats:

1.99/lb Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts
2.99/lb - pork loin baby back ribs

Other:

12.00/3 Coke products, get 2 free boxes of ritz crackers
- if you have my coke rewards and have points/coupons to use - makes a good deal on the coke
- 2.00/2 ritz cracker insert coupon
6.00 - buy 4 quaker cereals and get 4.00 off your shopping order
- may have blinkies in different areas, includes granola bars Link to printables
10.00/10 - athenos humus (don't have to buy all 10)
5.99 - angel soft 9-12 roll toilet paper
.50/1 insert coupon doubles
4.00/4 - pilsbury biscuits - buy 5 and get a 3.00 oyno catalina
- various insert and printable coupons - check out bettycrocker.com, pilsbury.com, coupons.com, and couponbug.com
Huggies - 9.99
- 5.00 or 3.00 coupons from coupons.com and couponbug.com
- check cellfire - i have a 3.00/2 and 1.50/1 coupon loaded to my card - if you still have these available - it'll make a great deal in combo with the printed coupons


There's a few other things, but I'm tired and need more coffee. :) I'll post Wags/ST/Kmart later.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Hmmm.... I have $6 left in my grocery budget for the month and was trying to avoid Kroger this week. Wonder what I can get that I'll actually use with my $6--there are some great deals.