Monday, February 9, 2009

Yay..

It's Monday. We had a great Sabbath, and I got a lot of rest. I didn't make it to evening church because Eleanore was beyond reasonable, so I stayed home with the baby.

I got *most* of my coupons in the mail today. I'm still waiting on some mustard q's, and one of my envelopes was short by 20 coupons - so I have to get that straightened out. I'm working on it!

Did I mention last week that I had done one of the Daytona deals? Well, when you buy 5 Betty Crocker fruit rollup products, you get a catalina for 3.50 off your next order. I did that, and today I ran into Kroger on my way home from taking David to work. They still had some Tyson chicken breasts at .99/lb (not as good as the .88/lb that Ingles had, but I"m not close to Ingles anymore!) Anyway, I got a pack that was around 3.67, grabbed a .78 loaf of bread because I didn't make any this weekend, and walked out paying 1.29 out of pocket!

I'm thinking of trying to be heavier into trading instead of buying coupons. Sometimes I would just like to be assured that I'll get as many as I want when I want them, but I think I am going to try more of the trading on Hotcouponworld. The only challenge is getting me to input my have and wish list! lots of time involved there!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I think I'm going to have to back off ordering coupons, too--even though I only do it once a month or so. I think I need to go back to my simpler shopping/couponing ways... my brain can't handle it because every minute the boys are awake, they need CONSTANT monitoring. I have too many things left for my small free time now (sigh). But the Lord will provide, eh? I'll just keep listening to your info on Kroger deals :)