Friday, February 20, 2009

So... I broke down

and bought the baby some diapers. No, she's not been going around all nakey - we typically use cloth. However, I was at Kroger yesterday and they had 3.00 peelies on the diapers and 1.00 peelies on other stuff (body lotion, wipes, powder, etc...)

Their jumbo pack of diapers (nothing "jumbo" about it IMO, but that's what they say) size 4 had 30 diapers and is on sale for 6.49 (reg. 6.99 - not the best sale, but we'll take it...) The wipes tubs - 80 ct - were 3/5.00. Anyway, I would not have normally gotten these, but since they had more of the clearanced J&J - well... I got 1 pk of diapers, 1 pk of wipes, 8 Johnson & Johnson butterfly closures, 3 buddies soaps, and 1 pack of wrigley's gum. Used a 1.00 oyno catalina (thanks French's mustard), 3.00 comforts diapers coupon, 1.00 comforts other stuff coupon, 4x3.00/2 Johnson & Johnson first aid coupon, 3x1.00 Johnson & Johnson buddies mailer coupons, and free Wrigley's gum (1.19). .35 oop - got back a .50/1 dentyne and 3.00/3 buddies catalina. I'm going to assume they'll be having a 10 for 10.00 sale on the gum soon, so I'll be using my freebie coupons there to get as many of the dentyne ones as I can. Then, when the sale hits we'll still be getting free gum because these will double. Also, I plan to roll the buddies cat as much as possible for the soap - it's pretty decent soap and I kind of like the watermelony smell.

I found one lonely package of Goodnights XL (girls) at Target for 2.64 - these are the overnight pants for bigger kids - used a 2.00 newspaper q for a great deal. I believe they are changing the packaging, and that's why they were marked down. Check your endcaps for awesome clearance deals. They had giant 12 pks of individually wrapped papertowels for 11.48 - a great deal in my opinion. I didn't get any (and I"ll probably regret it! lol) cuz I just don't have the cash yet. Here's hoping they'll wait another week! I think they had big packs of toilet paper marked down also, but since we're stocked from Kroger I forgot to look at the price.

I saw lots of new peelies on things - Glade Lasting Impressions or Sense & Spray had 2.00 peelies, Pantene restoratives had 3.00/2 target coupons (combine with manufacturer coupons!) Target may have a gift card deal with the Glade soon, or even the Pantene. Oh - I got 2 8pks of dove beauty bars - go fresh citrus - with a bonus thing of body wash for 3.74. I had 2.00 off mailer coupons, and I think there are 1.00 and 1.50 coupons that you can use on these. Some of the other stuff was a bit high for clearance still, but it may come down soon. Lots of lotion (big bottle of suave was 2.02 - use 1.00 coupon for decent deal on lotion), old-spice body wash, deoderants, etc... A couple varieties of Vlassic pickles were marked down to 1.50, but I didn't get any because I wasn't too sure of the "flavors" - the one that stands out was "lime" - anyone try this? Anyway, there's a 1.00 printable target coupon for Vlassic. They had some jars of pickles at 1.84. Not too bad for pickles/relish - and even better if a manufacturer coupon comes out!

Lots of lower prices on things - some pks of Archer Farms coffees were around 6.XX. Not too bad if you like coffee - especially flavored varieties. David is deacon of the month at our church, so I've been trying to get some flavored coffees to stock up the church this month when I can get good overage. Johnson & Johnson travel pack first aid kits are .99. Use the 3.00/2 blinkie coupons from Kroger (they don't exclude the travel sizes) and get 1.02 overage for each set of 2! The coupon does beep, but so far my cashier's have K1'd it each time.

Glucerna shakes were TPC'd to 5.84ish? Anyway, if you have the 10.00 IP, then you are getting some major overage with these.

Starkist tuna is still a good deal - the 2.X oz pkgs are .87. Someone pointed out that they may stay marked down for a while with Lent coming - so look for lots of fish/tuna sales in the next few weeks. There's a recent buy 2 get 1 free Starkist pouch coupons and 1.00 off (1 or 2, I can't remember) coupons - and I think there will be a new b2g1 coupon in this weeks paper. I've also found that if I get one of the flavored pouches (I think they run about 1.59ish), and 2 of the cheaper ones that they'll take off the 1.59 one from my order! (I put the flavored ones in hubby's lunch salads) So if you can get 3 pouches of tuna with the b2g1 and the 1.00/2 coupon for .74 + tax. My Super Target is awesome!

In other news, my beloved generous husband ordered me a computer earlier this week! (yay for tax money... lol) It may be here as early as Saturday, so I'm hopeful and excited. Trying not to get too hopeful because these things tend to go long for me - but we'll see. I guess that means I can print more coupons! LOL!

No comments: