Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a Wednesday!

We packed up and headed to our good friend Betsy's house yesterday morning. It was me, Betsy, Katie, Stephanie, and all the accompanying kids (12 to be exact!) We were meeting for a seed swap. We had put in an order of new seeds, and they had also brought along their older seeds, and we divided them up for our gardens. This was SO much fun! We talked about gardening, planned our plots, made plans for other projects, discussed food, children, being Godly examples - it was fabulous to have the time with other moms. Encouraging and refreshing. :)

The children had a blast too. They ran around in the back yard, dug in the dirt, played on the swing set, and generally played together. Eleanore chowed down a huge lunch and took one of the best naps she's taken in a long time!

We had planned to go to church yesterday evening, but a bad storm hit just as we were supposed to be leaving, so I decided we'd better stay home. It turned out to be providential, as Rhebekka said those all to familiar words to me while driving home from Betsy's: "Mom... I don't feel good." By the time we were home, she had nausea, a raging headache and a lovely fever.

The worst part of the day was walking into the living room and smelling an electrical burning smell. My computer is fried. I never uploaded my spreadsheet, so that is gone unless I can ghost my hard drive. (which is not likely any time soon - if it's even possible!)

I did manage to get 2 transactions done at Kroger:

Kroger Weds. 2/11 - 2 trans

In 2 back-to-back transactions, I got:

20 pks of cottonelle
10 lbs of chicken
2 pks of popsicles
2 pks of gum
6 Buddy bars
1 pkg of cookies (just one of those things that I like - and a good reason to not shop while hungry)
16 butterfly closures
12 french's mustards
10 boxes of fruit snacks
4 cans of Chef boyardee
6 boxes of totino's

5.02 oop (the chicken alone regularly costs 5.90 a bag!)
My cats didn't print on the last transaction because the machine ran out of paper, so the store put 9.50 on a gift card for me! Yes... I spent $5.02 and got back $9.50!

My savings was over 100% on each receipt - which is kind of nifty. I'd give you the actual numbers, but I'm too lazy to dig it out of my purse right now.

And no... I'm not feeding all of that to my family! Some of it will be resold, some donated, and the popsicles, gum, chicken, and cookies (for me!) will be consumed. Well, we'll probably keep some of the TP too. LOL.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for this! I just got back from Kroger and because of this I thought to check out the First aid section to see what I could get free...wahoo for overage! =)

You rock! And of course Kroger ROCKS too!

Alicia said...

Overage is always YMMV (your mileage may vary)! When it happens, it's sooooo great! I always figure free is good - overage is better! LOL! Gotta love it!

Betsy said...

AMAZING my friend. I forgot to ask how Rhebekka was feeling today. I see I still have a lot to learn about shopping! Did you have some of those Cottonelle coupons?