Tuesday, February 10, 2009

aKroggering we will go...

Well… I’m impatient. I couldn’t wait for my mustard coupons to come, so I did 1 transaction at Kroger today. I got a few things more than I had planned, but it’s all good.

The only problem I had was with some coupons for 3.00/2 Johnson & Johnson First Aid items. Now, if the item is less than the coupon, then the store has 2 options. They can either adjust the amount of the coupon down to match the price of the item (at which point they are supposed to write on the coupon what was actually deducted from your cost so that they aren’t reimbursed more than they should be), or they can push the coupon through at face value since they will be reimbursed for that amount. The manufacturer doesn’t care how much they sell the item for – they just want to be sure that the item is sold!

I point all this out because the Kroger on Kingston looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked them to adjust a coupon down. (I was hoping for overage, since EVERY other store that I go to will typically allow it – but… *shrug*) So, I paid 2.53 + tax for stuff I was planning to at least get for free. That may go back – not sure yet.

Now, for the nitty gritty:

5 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks (.50 q doubled for each)
3 Totino’s Pizza rolls (.35 q doubled for each)
2 Chef Boyardee pastas (.35 q doubled)
3 Johnson’s Buddies Bars (1.00 q each)
3 quarts of Lactaid for .75 each (no q, but awesome price for me to get milk I can actually drink!)
9 Johnson’s butterfly closures on markdown (3.00/2 coupons – total of 3 coupons)
1 J&J gauze on markdown (see above)
1 Box of cheerios (.50 q doubled AND .75 cellfire q)
10 cottonelle 4pks (.50 q doubled each)
2 juicy fruit gum (2 free coupons)
I also go the 3.00/10 items purchased deal

Tax – 2.95
Oop – 8.96 (if they’d taken all the j&j q’s, it would’ve been 6.00 less)
Got back a .50 off of Dentyne
Got back a 3.00 off of 3 J&J baby or desitin products (more buddy bars to come!)
Got back a 3.50 off your next order (promo when you buy 5 fruit snacks)

Saved 42.93 – 87%

Okay – I just looked at my receipt and it says I bought 11 items toward the promo, so I have to comb through it… I was charged for an extra fruit snack! GRR!!! Guess I’ll be headed back for a refund!

2nd/3rd trip went much better. I did 2 transactions total – back to back.

1 Totino’s
5 Cottonelle
4 Butterfly Band-aid
3 Buddy soaps
5 Fruit Roll-ups
2 Cheerios
4 Chef Boyardee
1 pkg. Tyson Chicken Breasts

Used the 3.50 oyno Catalina from the first transaction, the 3.00/3 Johnson Buddy Catalina from first transaction, and the rest were your standard coupons.

I just realized that my cellfire and shortcuts coupons did not come off, so I will have to email them and get that credited to my card. It should’ve been 1.50 less!

Tax: 2.15
OOP 4.37
Got 3.50 oyno cat from fruit snacks
Got 3.00/3 cat from/for Johnson’s
Savings: 42.25 – 95%

Did exact same transaction again, but added 2 gum and used the freebie coupons.

Tax: 2.39
OOP 4.82
Got the cats plus another .50 off of dentyne….
Savings: 45.00 – 94%

Todays total oop: 18.15

Due: 1.79 + tax refund for extra charge of fruit snacks
1.50 worth of cellfire coupons

No comments: