Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wednesday on Thursday

David's birthday was yesterday. He requested to have pastrami on rye after seeing the sandwich on Anthony Bourdain's show. He said it was a great sandwich - lol. He doesn't care for cake, so Bekka and I made him a coconut cream pie. It turned out very yummy, but I apparently didn't cook the filling long enough because it was a bit runny. David said he still thought it was the best tasting pie he'd ever had (so that helped to keep me from bursting into tears! LOL)

We were going to go to church last night, but late in the afternoon both girls started running slight fevers. I figured we probably shouldn't go and spread whatever "creaping crud" (as my beloved father-in-law would say!) around, so we came back home.

Super Target is having a sale on roasts - 1.99 a lb. It's a great deal! I'm hoping they still have some on Friday - I may have to stock up on a few. Be sure to look around - the first few roasts I found were small - 1.XX lbs - 2.XX lbs. If you need larger roasts, they may be in a different section or you may need to ask the meat guys. There should be some kind of call button around the meat if you dont' see anyone.

Kroger has been out of the Huggies wipes each time I go, so I've been getting rain checks. Believe it or not, I haven't even stepped foot in Walgreens. I have one lonely 6.00 RR that I need to roll or spend, so I'm still trying to decide how best to do that. I think I have a scenario worked out. My only potential issue will be with the excedrin - I have a 2.00 coupon and the Excedrin is 1.99. I *hope* they understand about how to adjust a coupon down!

A couple of my trades came in, so here's what I'm going to do: (my coupons are very different that normal because I've traded for a few specialty mailed coupons - these are coupons you get for either complimenting or complaining to the company about a product - so you may or may not have some of these)

9.98 - 2 tylenol cold items
6.36 - 4 reynold's foil
5.94 - 6 hunt's sauce
1.99 = excedrin
5.00 - 4xsunkist
2.79 - twizzler's (needed to finish up for the hershey rebate)
32.06 sub-total
-6.00 RR
-8.00 2x4.00 any tylenol coupons
-3.00 3x1.00/2 any hunt's coupons
-1.99 excedrin coupon
-2.00 2x1.00/2 sunkist 2 liters
-2.79 - free twizzlers
-3.60 - hunt's 7-day walgreens coupon
-2.80 - foil 7-day walgreens coupon
.24 oop, get back a 3.00 RR for the tylenol, 2.00 RR for the sunkist, and 1.00 RR for the excedrin.

I have one more fusion gamer razor, so I'll do:

8.99 fusion gamer
2.79 twizzlers
1.59 foil
13.37 sub total
- 3.00 RR
- 2.00 RR
- 1.00 RR
- 4.00 fusion
- 2.79 twizzlers
- 1.00 foil
- .70 foil 7-day walgreens coupon
.05 oop, get back 6.00 RR

At this point, I'd be completely content enough to stop. However, I do have a few more coupons, so I *might* do a repeat of the first scenario to roll one more time. I also have some tums coupons, so I may roll the gamer RR into the Tums deal. Then I'll be saving my RR's for next week.

No comments: