Sunday, February 22, 2009

Touching the Hem

It snowed today, so hubby decided he didn't want to risk our life and limbs (just his) and kept us home today. I didn't want to miss out on the preaching of the Word, so I looked up a sermon from our old church in Ohio - Grace Presbyterian. While recorded sermons are no replacement for the gathering of the saints, I am VERY thankful that they are available when we are unable to gather with our brothers and sisters in Christ! We listened to the sermon "Touching the Hem."

I'm constantly in awe of the biblical accounts of Jesus' work. It must have been absolutely amazing to see him in his earthly ministry. Yet, we see over and over again how hard the hearts of so many people were in that day - they witnessed first-hand the miracles of Jesus (many of which aren't even contained in scripture) yet tried to find some explanation to dismiss it. Amazing how hard our hearts can be when looking at the glory of God!

While Bekka and I were listening to the sermon, Eleanore was sitting nicely next to me coloring. Part way through, I discovered she had created a new flavor of coffee. Rhebekka calls it "Crayon Bluelee..." (I know - it's corny, but it made us giggle)

No comments: