Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wow - moving, sales, egads!

We've been busy! We're finally moved, but not quite unpacked. It is coming along very slowly. I suppose it makes it a bit of a challenge trying to chase a 13 month old around too... lol. (where did that time go??)

David has brewed his first beer. It is called "95 Thesis Bock". He says he brewed it, he can name it! LOL! We bottled it last night, and it should be ready to drink on Thanksgiving! So... who's coming for dinner? I believe we will be brewing the next one - a red ale - within the next week. It was a lot of fun, and hopefully this time we'll actually document the process!

Now - for the sales. I really haven't had a lot of time to shop due to the move. However, there were a few deals that I managed to get.

The past 2 weeks, Kroger has had Celestial Seasonings teas for 10/10.00. I had 1.00 off coupons, and I now own around 25 boxes of tea. LOL! This is a good thing since we drink so much tea - especially with cold & flu season coming up! They are also doing a promotion where you buy a glade plug-in oil warmer and you get a coupon for 4.00 off your next order. I have plenty of coupons to use for these - and apparently someone else does too since these are hard to come by right now! LOL!

Walmart has Gillette shampoo/body wash for 2.00 each in the 8.5 oz. size. I have coupons for 2.00 off of 1, so I plan to pick that up Friday or Saturday.

Kmart is doing super doubles. They double coupons up to 2.00. I am so unorganized and behind on my coupons, but I managed to throw a couple things together to hit up Kmart earlier this week. Here are some deals that I found:

2.89 - Glade 4 oz candles in the holiday scents (I LOVE the gingerbread scent) = Free after 2.00 off coupon
2.67 - Kellogg's mini-wheats - .67 after 1.00 off coupon
1.66 - Nestle crunch, butterfinger, and payday candies - free after 1.00 coupon
3.50 - Gillette shampoo (they only had 1!) - free after 2.00 coupon
1.99 - Scotch mailing tape - free after 1.00 coupon
4.79 - tylenol pm - .79 after 2.00 off coupon
2.29 - Coffeemate french vanilla liquid creamer - .29 after 1.00 coupon
5.00/2 - Scrubbing bubbles foam cleaner - 1.00 for 2 after 2.00 off of 2 coupon
3.99 - Maalox chewables - free after 2.00 coupon

So... those are my decent deals. I know there were a couple more things, but I don't have my receipts in front of me right now.

Hope you enjoy the info!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Geez you rock. Where do you get your coupons?

Alicia said...

most were in the paper or some were mailed from the manufacturer by checking out their website!