Thursday, October 30, 2008

How to guide on effectively giving yourself insomnia.

So... first you have to sort through your coupons and try to imagine that you can:
1. Take hubby to work.
2. Stop at post office and mail stuff out.
3. Stop at Kmart for super doubles and be in and out in 1 hr or less. (ha ha...this is where the plan falls apart)
4. Stop at old apartment to pick up your wedding dress that you forgot in the back closet (Egads!), dishes you forgot in the dishwasher, and daughter's bicycle - hoping it fits (especially with stuff from Kmart trip.)
5. Stop at the other Kmart. (really insane now)
6. Stop at Walmart to use up expiring q's on trial sized products and get a couple deals.
7. Stop at Kroger to pick up some food.
8. Stop at house to drop off enough stuff to be able to fit hubby and 2 kids in the car.
9. Pick up hubby from work by 3:30 pm.

Yeah... impossible. Somehow, I keep trying to figure out how I can make that work! LOL! I don't want to make extra trips, and if I don't do the Kmarts on the way - I'll either have to skip the sale (what??? did I say that??) or go to the West Town Kmart. Hmmm...

Then, get on the internet and start looking up red spiders. We found a red spider-like thing crawling on our countertop this evening, and I promised Bekka that I'd look it up to see what it could be. My first thought on seeing it was that it was some type of mite, but it seemed big. After some research, I think that it is definitely a red velvet mite. It was actually kind of purty.

The problem is that while I was looking for something that matched what we saw, I was subjected to all kinds of spider pictures, bite stories, and poison profiles! UGH!!! Creeps me out! I don't mind spiders - especially when we have an understanding and just never come face-to-face with each other. I do like webs, though - so I've tolerated the one outside in our front garden area. He makes a lovely web.

Good news is (I think it's good news) that there are only 2 poisonous spiders in Tennessee. The brown recluse and the black widow. Sure, if you get bit by some of the others you'll possibly be hurtin' or sickish, but definitely not as much trouble as the first 2 I mentioned!

So... now how do I go to sleep?? I guess this is where I head to bed and pray that God's will be done! (hoping that includes that my family and I never get bit by one of those lovely creatures...)

1 comment:

Betsy said...

We hate spiders, too!!!