Sunday, January 18, 2009

Um... stuff

Okay - didn't do the CVS deals. Just no time/energy.

I did manage to get to Walgreens. I got a bunch of free equal and a few boxes of oatmeal - some coming your way Betsy! (Thankfully, the oatmeal deal is common, so it should come 'round again.)

I also totally cleaned up on gum for hubby. I had bogo coupons, there was a bogo sale (so free gum normally), but as I was checking out flavors I saw bogo packages (2 pkgs. that were stuck together) in the back of the shelf. :-D YAY! I got 4 pkgs of gum instead of 2 per coupon! Hubby is a happy man. LOL!

This week - I found another good deal on HCW for Walgreens. Mauna Loa macadamia nuts are on sale for 2/4.00. There is a 3.00/2 coupon in the ESR book. The pkgs are 6 oz. So... 1.00 for 12 oz. of macadamia nuts. I see some cookies in our future... lol.

I found some coupons on one of the clipper sites for .40/1 peanut butter. Gonna get us 16 jars of that - wish I'd gotten more, but honestly don't think my stores would have enough jars. I should've got some ragu q's too - at least to keep us in cheap sauce until the garden comes in!

Speaking of gardens - a couple ladies from church and I went in together on ordering seeds. If you have friends planning to do gardening, you should consider doing this. It cost us all a lot less than if we'd only bought for our own personal selves, and I think we got a bigger selection/variety and things we would've not thought of or forgotten about without each other's suggestions. Additionally, we can split up a package and not end up with a bunch of unused seed lying around.

Hubby was installed as a deacon today at church - along with a couple other men. I'm excited about this opportunity to serve the church for him (and I... lol) He's really looking forward to it also. It's a big responsibility!

No comments: