Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kroger Mega Deal

Okie dokie... Kroger is doing a mega deal - buy 10 items, get 5.00 off your order. This isn't as good of a promo as last year (tons of overage last year!), but there are some good deals still. From what I saw, it looks like the promo goes through the 31st, and some folks have said 2/3... I forgot to ask.

Here's what I did - on the fly because I didn't have my coupon binder with me!

Things in the promo:

1.96 Kens Salad dressing x2
1.99 Kraft 2% milk cheese x10
1.00 Sobe life water x1
2.99 Kraft mayo x 2 (1 regular, 1 with olive oil to try)
1.99 Daisy sour cream x2
1.00 Rotel diced tomatoes with cilantro and lime x2
1.50 Green Giant steamers veggies - asian mix x1

Things not in promo:

1.79 Teddy Grahams, mini-oreos, and nutter butters - 6 total
.92 Idahoan potatoes (this was purely a 'buy it cuz its free' purchase... figure i can donate it!)
.56 Kroger can of cream of mushroom soup
.78 loaf of bread cuz I didn't make any this week...
1.59 marked down milk gallon
4.00 coke x4

-10.00 for the promo
-4.00 buy 3 coke, get 1 free promo
- .92 x2 free idahoan printable coupon
- .30 x2 Rotel insert q
- .50 x2 Daisy sour cream insert q
- .75 x2 Kraft mayo coupon
- .50 x1 sobe hangtag q (extra from Target's floor... lol)
- .75 x10 Kraft 2% cheese blinkie (yes, I stood there and pulled out 9 - found 1 on a shelf)
- .50 x1 Green Giant grocery steamer coupon
-3.00 x3 coke coupons (I had 4, but she thought she scanned one - but later I see that she didn't :( Still... not too bad.)
-1.00 x6 Nabisco cookie coupon from tearpad found at CVS

Tax: 5.08
Total oop: 27.24
Saved: 76.38!
34 items = .80 per item... (which is why I don't mind so much about the missed coke coupon... Not too often you pay .80 for a 12 pack!)

Should've been 3.00 less, but she missed a coupon. I don't think I'll go back for it, as they were being nice in taking the coupon anyways. It expired on 1/18 (Sunday), and I asked if it was too late to use. They said if it scans they'll take it this week. You may want to ask at your local grocery store - I guess it's more common than I thought!

I bought the cookies to fulfill the requirements on the Coke coupon and to get David some snacks for work and some yummies for the baby. Not too bad of a deal for these - worked out to .79 a package. We're stocked for a while!

I noticed the Philly cream chese was included in the sale. There were 1.00/2 printables - i'll look for the link and post it later if I find it. If you can print those, it'd make the cream cheese .30 each.

If I resell the coke at 2.50 per pack, I'll get 10.00 from that. So... makes it 17.24 oop. I may also see about selling the cookie packs that David doesn't want. If we sell 4 of them @ 1.00 each, then that's 4.00 back - so 13.24 for quite a decent ammt. of stuff that we'll use! (26 items = .51 each!) Talk about some cheap cheese!!


If all you did was 10 cheeses, then you'd be paying around 8.84 after tax (maybe less) That's a pretty good deal on name brand cheese! You do have to have the patience to stand there and yank the coupons though... lol.

1 comment:

Felicia Rogers said...

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.