Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Freebies and Walgreens sales - get mailables ASAP

Free Suave - today only (thanks to Felicia for the reminder!) You have to sign up and they'll send you a coupon in the mail. Go get 'em!

Walgreens:

Quaker oatmeal is 2 for 2.79. It's the smaller sized cylinder. With the 1.00/1 coupons that are out, it makes them .79 (plus applicable tax) for 2. If you are local and need some, lemme know... I'll grab you some.

Also, if you use Equal 100ct. pks are 2/5.00 this week. Some areas got 1.50/1 and some got 2.50/1 newspaper coupons. Makes the equal 2/2.00 or free. Our area only go the 1.50 coupon, but I ordered some from Dede. We don't use Equal, but I figured this will be a nice donation to the church coffee table! Shh... don't tell 'em.

Dark & Lovely haircoloring is 5.00, get a 5.00 RR. Decent deal if you use these.

Some cleaners are bogo, so good deals after q's. Oust is bogo at 3.79, and there are b1g1 coupons out for a free oust up to 3.49. Makes it .40 for 2 after coupon.

Pepsi products are spend 20.00 get 10.00 RR. If you are already going to buy chips and pop, may as well get back 10.00 to spend on other stuff... Pepsi 12 pks are 3/15.00. Some chips/dips are included in the sale.

Halls cough drops are BOGO - combine with BOGO coupon to get free cough drops. (who doesn't need those!?)

I'm sure there's a few more great deals, but that's what I thought ya'll might like.

Next week doesn't look terribly exciting yet for Wags. If you have or can order coupons, the ragu and/or skippy may be a decent deal (there's other things included in the promo - dove, lipton, hellmans.) It's buy 8, get a $10.00 RR. Ragu/Skippy is 1.99 each that week. If you buy 8, it comes to 15.92. Subtract q's, and see what the oop is /8. Some folks will also figure the RR into their cost. i.e. 15.92 - 10.00 RR = .74 an item (assuming no manufacturer q's.) Unless I'm rolling RR's from one deal to the next, I count my actual out-of-pocket. I *might* do this deal if I can find the good q's. There's various ones available, so look around.

Here's a list of included items in this Unilever buy8 get 10.00 RR sale:
Dove Haircare 2/$7
Dove Deodorant 2/$7
Degree Deodorant 2/$7
Dove Body Wash, Caress Body Wash, Lever Bar Soap, Q Tips, Pond's, Dove Lotion 25% off
Lipton Tea $2.99 (might be decent with 1.00 q if you have any)
Skippy $1.99
Ragu $1.99
Hellman's $3.99
Bertolli $5.99


Bayer aspirin will be 2.50 a pkg. If you spend 20.00, you get back 10.00 RR. I may do this deal too, since I know some folks who use this stuff. There are 1.00/1 coupons out, so if you buy 8 pkgs for 20.00 - 8.00 in mq's, you spend 12.00 oop, get back a 10.00 RR. You may have a challenge finding 8 Bayer aspirin - especially if you go later in the week, so good luck!

If you have any of the .50/1 newspaper coupons, the dawn dish soap will be .49 each.

If you have the Walgreen's coloring book coupons, you can get Wags brand bandaids for .50 a box. I saw some in the clearanced section at one store, but haven't seen them in other places. May have to ask at the pharmacy. The coloring book runs about .99 or less, and has several q's in it that are good for another month or so.

This may be a better week to do the Pepsi deal since the Dorito chips are 2/5.00.

I'm also not overly impressed by the 1/25 ad, but I've only perused the ad once. Well - there looks like they may offer a $25.00 gift card when you transfer/fill new RX coupon in the ad - so THAT may be a good thing if you need to do it! You can then use the gift card to start you free-after-rebate things or build up your Register Rewards for rolling.

The one thing I noted is that reynold's foil will be .89. If you check the clipping sites, you can probably pick up some 1.00/1 foil coupons to get it free. I haven't decided if I'll do this yet or wait for the next go-round. It's a common sale at Wags. Also, Wags brand ziploc bags will be .99 with in-ad coupon.

8/1.00 valentine's gift bags, 6/1.00 plastic valentine tumblers, and 5/1.00 valentine pencils - may be a good little thing for you teachers or mom's looking for a little something for the kiddo's. Although, there may be an 8/1.00 in the following weeks ad - sometimes that happens. Some candy on sale (surprise, I know...)

Listerine is 2/9.00, get back 4.XX (can't read if it's .50 or .99) RR. Use the 2.00/1 printable or mailable coupon (sign up twice to ensure you get 2 coupons), pay 5.00 oop, get back the RR.

Hopefully Feb. will be a great month at Walgreens.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

How do you keep up with all of this? My brain is tired just reading (although the cough drops and oats deals are most interesting... probably too late for those?).

I'm impressed, my frugal friend.

Alicia said...

There's a couple websites that I follow - hotcouponworld.com is the best. They list the week with sales ads, and will often have coupon matchups. I guess I've been doing it so long that it comes as second nature now... lol.

I'm going out today to get some oats and stuff... if they are in stock! I'll pick some up for ya. :)