Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Enjoying hubby's vacation

He's been home for several days in a row - a rarity for us. It's been so nice to just hang out and relax with hubby.

We played some Left 4 Dead, and I think I'm getting a lot better. We've also managed to down some Easter candy (okay, I've managed to down a LOT of Easter candy...) and we even got some Ceaser's 5.00 pizza's today. The baby tried to say pizza - it came out "pah-chee" and "pete-zee" and even "teepee" at one point. Sometimes oldest DD can get her to say a string of different words, and other times she's terribly stubborn and won't say a thing! I think we actually got her on video today saying "it's too cold" and wrapping a blanket around her head. It was very funny.

Oh, I tried my first time at cutting David's hair. It turned out okay for being the first time - at least it didn't turn out to be bad enough to require a complete shave. LOL.

I mangaged to get some cukes, carrots, beets, lettuce, spinach, mustard and squash planted. I think it is a bit early for the squash and cukes, but I'm glad it's in the ground. My peas are finally coming up. Also, a lot of my plants are sprouted. I need to get them moved to bigger containers. Hopefuly in the next couple of days.

We're also planning to move the baby into oldest DD's room by the end of the week. It's just time.

Oh yeah - we spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to open up the dryer and check to see if the belt is broken - it's not working. ARGH! I don't know how they constructed it, but it is not done in a manner that allows easy access. We couldn't get it open to see! We're starting to wonder if it would just be cheaper to buy a new (used) one. By the time we pay someone to come out and fix it - ugh!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

how's the shared room going for the girls? I'll see you at church tomorrow, but I'm doing a bit of blog catching up while E's out and the kids are asleep....