Monday, June 22, 2009

What do you eat?

I was reading a friends blog - Full Tummies - where she talks about a book she picked up from the library (very fascinating book) and lists what they eat in a week. I think we must be big piggies here! I'm fascinated at what others eat. Anyone interested in keeping track for the week - maybe even a couple of weeks? I'm going to update this post each day this week. I know we will be eating more pre-packaged food this week because we've been clearing out the pantry/freezer.

Monday:

breakfast:
1 box of dry cereal - plenty left - (Kellogg's Smart Start - kids love it)
1 2/3 c of oats (hubby didn't eat this much, I burned the first batch because I got distracted and there is enough leftover to make oatmeal muffins later this week...)
1 cup coffee for me
2 c. skim milk for the cereal
2/3 cup of skim milk for the oatmeal (I think the flavor is better with at least a little milk added)

Lunch:
3 apples - cut, cored, distributed between the 4 of us.
few grapes for the baby
5 hotdogs/buns (baby didn't eat but 1/2 of hers, then I forgot to refrigerate the rest, so they've become today's dog training treats)
cup of coffee for me - reheated
1 glass of Dr. Pepper for hubby

Snack:
handful of grapes
crackers
1 can of coke for me
1 32 oz bottle of water with 1 crystal light packet for oldest dd
2 cans of coke zero for hubby @work

Dinner:

hubby is having chicken alfredo at work - leftover chicken thighs that were grilled and chopped/frozen last week, leftover noodles from my weird beef w/creamy gravy experiment (I got the seasoning a bit off), 1 c. Ragu alfredo sauce.

The girls and I will be having chicken thighs, leftover green beans, mashed potatoes (shamefully from a box because I actually have these in the house and not any fresh ones.)

We are also having a boxed chocolate cake with no frosting because we are craving chocolate and the only other option would be the M&M's (which are set aside for potty training rewards!)

No comments: