Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thinking about God

Well, I don't write theologically nearly as often as I should. I've been ruminating about a series that I want to write, so we'll see how that may materialize over the next few weeks.

We had some great sermons today. I wish I could just retype what our pastor said - he does it so well!

I am just constantly amazed at how little I know about such a majestic God. Our pastor today was talking about the gospel, and he pointed out that often the only gospel people hear is that Jesus died on the cross. While that is indeed good news, it's really only part of the good news!

I know I won't repeat it as well as he said it, but it really had me thinking. The gospel includes the Trinity. It is how God the Father chose his people in eternity past, how Jesus Christ the Son redeemed his people by living the perfect life and dying the perfect death, and how the Holy Spirit works in calling, sanctifying, and preserving the saints. And ultimately, it is always for the glory of God. It is just an amazing thing to think about and realize. It is amazing how deeply and richly God loves his people!

There is so much more... hopefully I can go deeper into some discussion after thinking about things for a day or two!

No comments: