Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coupons and stuff

Warning... Walmart brag ahead...

We had a bookclub meeting tonite - Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". Right across the way was a Walmart, so I decided to stop there since we needed a couple things...

I got:
3 bags of Green Giant Steamers - they were 2/2.00 - had a 1.00 coupon
4 Zantac @4.23 each (.25 more than my other Walmart!!) - had a coupon for 5.50 (overage!!)
1 10# bag of potatos
5.84 # of sweet potatos (.25/lb)
3 pkgs of Goody hairbands for Bekka (2.00 coupon)

OOP - 5.29 (3.10 of that was tax!) The cashier - totally awesome dude (should've known since his name was David...lol) - was like "wow, that's awesome - that's like just the potatos - the only thing you didn't have a coupon for!" Tee hee hee... it was funny because he kept saying "hey, we might owe you money" as he was ringing me up. I soooo like this cashier!

Link to the Goody coupon is HERE It prints pretty big, but I manage to get 3 on a page by printing the first one, folding the top 3rd down and reprinting on the page, then reversing and folding the bottom 3rd over... I hate wasting paper! I also pring in b&w so I don't waste ink - but some cashiers think that any coupon that is in b&w must be photocopied, and it's difficult to convince them otherwise! There are a lot of these items for slightly over 2.00 in the stores, and for the rest of this week Walgreen's has a 2.00 coupon in their Easy Saver booklet for 2.00 off of a hairbrush. Combine the 2 coupons and get a hairbrush for .99!

I've been trying to get some mailable coupons because of Kmart's Super Doubles coming up (Nov. 30-Dec 6) Some of the IPs are mailable if you can't print them, and since they are mailed on security paper my Kmarts will take them! So far, here are the one's I've received in the mail! Now, for the coupons that say you have to register, make sure that you disable your printer first. When the print screen comes up, look for a help link. If you don't see the help link on the bottom right, then go ahead and click print. It should tell you it couldn't print, so then you can get the help link on that page. When you click the help link a new box will pop up that should ask for your mailing info. Hope that helps!

Clean and Clear 2.00
Friskies 2.00
Purina 4.00 - I think Walmart/Target has regular sales on this or has a cheap bag for slightly more than 4.00/5.00ish - you have to register for this one
Fruit of the Loom underwear - 1.00/2 how often do you get underwear q's?)
First Response 2.00
Johnson's moisture care 1.00
Johnson's Gift Set 3.00
Johnson's Take Along Gift Pack 1.00
Johnson's Baby Skin Care 1.00
Johnson's Bedtime gift set or 2 bedtime items 2.00>
Johnson's Head to toe body wash 1.00

Desitin 1.00
Johnson's Buddies 1.00 Use these on the buddies bars, and you get free bar soap that has a nifty easy grip covering on it - great for folks who have hand issues (or kids...lol) Plus, I believe I read that there are 3.00 off of 3 catalinas that print when you buy 3 in a transaction. Lots of free soap! Good donation item, btw!
Gas-X 1.50
Free Clorox Disinfecting Wipes wyb 2 Clorox products - You have to register for this one. It goes well with other clorox q combos. When you get to the printing stage, look for the "help" link - click on that instead of print, and it should pop up a box to type your mailing info.
Pledge Multi Surface Duster 2.00, Fantastik 1.50, Windex 1.50, Pledge Wipes 1.50, Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Toilet Cleaning System 2.00, Scrubbing bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel 2.00, Scrubbing bubble Mega Shower Foamer 2.00, and the Scrubbing bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner 10.00 ALL IN ONE LINK HERE
Chinet Cut Crystal Cups 9 or 14 oz 1.00 (good combo with Target's $3.00 off of 15.00 partywear purchase)
chinet Classic white product 1.00
Juicy Juice 1.00 - you have to register for this one also.

Well... that is it for now for the mailable links.

Here are some good sites to get printables from - and lots of good printables now because of the holidays! Look for a Honeysuckle turkey coupon! May come in handy for those after Thanksgiving sales too!

www.coupons.com
www.couponbug.com
www.smartsource.com

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that you had a good walmart trip! I just got back, I had 2 of the steamers, 4 of the Goodys hair bands, downy, 4 boxes of the .38 baking soda and some more stuff and the cashier working wouldnt accept any of the coupons, except my downy coupon and my steamers coupon. It should have been $3.08 plus tax for what I got, instead I paid $6.22 I was so upset! The stupid thing is that the cashier LET me use the same goodys coupons on FRIDAY! I have been stocking up on them like crazy! Oh well I will try again on friday =)

Alicia said...

That's so annoying! They seem to all vary on who will accept what and when... I always go in expecting to get shot down, so I'm pleasantly surprised when they accept my coupons... lol. The rest of the time I am prepared to generally walk away. LOL.

I found my best success is with the bored teens or later in the evening/night. Early day ladies seem to be... well... not very nice and wayyyy to serious.